A selective scholarship program | A long term solution | A lifelong community
Our Scholar Model
Boys Hope Girls Hope provides holistic poverty intervention for motivated youth with demonstrated need. These young people are selected according to their desire to participate and their capacity to respond to academically rigorous and character-defining programming. Our programs are guided by a long-term commitment to and a deep investment in these young people—our scholars. We utilize an evidence-based program model that is further adapted to the needs of each affiliate location, but rooted in the following dynamics:
• Early intervention, before children’s life trajectories are severely limited.
• Access to quality schools and expert academic support.
• A “community” of role-model staff and volunteers surrounding our children and their families and providing enrichment and support.
• Parent/Guardian involvement.
• Robust support beginning with admission to the program, continuing through college, and remaining available through career launch.
• Mind, body and spiritual development support.
• Stable and loving environment, including homes in residential programming and atmosphere in non-residential programming.
When it comes to opportunity, there's no place like Hope.
Residential Scholars receive an academic & residential scholarship affording them an opportunity to receive a first class education while living in a nurturing home environment with staff trained to help them thrive.
The Boys Hope Girls Hope Academy is the seven-year continuum of support provided to middle school (Hope Prep) and high school (College Road)
Upon graduation from high school BHGH continues personalized mentorship, guidance and scholarship support for our Collegians throughout their post-secondary years and the launch of their career.