Day of Hope Essay Contest
Resilience is the ability to bounce back from challenges and setbacks. A resilient person is able to encounter the hard stuff in life and continue moving forward toward his or her goals and dreams.
Think about someone you know personally, or someone you admire, who you think of as resilient. Why would you call them that? Does this person have certain personal qualities that make him or her resilient? What inspires you about this person?
Write about the person you think of as resilient; describe him or her and the difficulties he or she encountered. Next, spend some time telling us how this person influences or inspires you. Do you see something in this individual that you also recognize in yourself? What can you learn from his or her story? What might others learn?
Your Voice is important and powerful! We look forward to your essay.
- Entries must be original, student work.
- Entries should be at least two paragraphs and are limited to 250 – 500 words.
- Entries must include student name, name of school, and grade level.
- Entries should be typed and submitted by email James Warner (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by mail to: Essay Contest, Boys Hope Girls Hope, 9619 Garfield Blvd., Garfield Heights, Ohio 44125
- Entries must be received by September 28, 2018.
- Participation in essay contest is not limited to students attending the lunch. All students enrolled in participating schools are eligible.